Thursday 31 October 2013

Sick day.

It's been another great day to be at the allotment, but the chesty cough has turned into a full blown 'Man Flu', so as much as I wanted to go, I couldn't force myself to go. So instead, I started sorting out all my seed packets that I mostly get free with my gardening magazines.

                            

I've got a four drawer box labeled with the four seasons, which will help me sort the seeds out. Luckily they are all within their 'use by' date. Carrots are the only seeds I have tried sowing directly in the soil and I've had no success with them at all, so I've never tried it with anything else. But now I know that they can be very difficult to grow, as you can see, I've got plenty of other seeds to experiment with. What's the worst that can happen? They don't grow. I've got a lot of planning to do. Because I'm crop rotating, I'm looking up which ones are part of which group. 

I've also got a scrap book for my newspaper cutting with tips on planting, weeding, etc. One tip for the spring, that now make obvious sense, is to wait for weed seedling to start showing before you sow your own seeds. 
Till next time and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment