Monday 7 October 2013

Little baby steps.

My shadow helping me today.

 Yesterday, I don't mind telling you, I was wondering if it would all be worth it. But today, after only doing another meter, I did feel like I was progressing, even if it was only a bit at a time. But what I am doing is making sure that for each little bit I do, very little or even no weeds or roots are left behind. If this was a business, then it would've been cheaper to either to put some weed killer down and keep it covered over for a while or to dig the whole lot out and put in new soil. I'm just glad it's not a business, for a start, I'd be sacked by now (or fired if you reading this in America), secondly, I am enjoying digging it all over, making sure I'm getting everything out that shouldn't be there. And today I had my little shadow with me, my youngest daughter. Both my daughters have helped me out. My youngest has helped me at the allotment by collecting stones, weeding, planting, watering and, because I can't leave her at home alone, just keeping me company. Today she was there helping me get rid of what I missed. And picking bunches of grapes just to nibble on. Well the strawberries are about all gone. My eldest has helped me with my blog and all the problems and stuff I can't work out. The night I, no, she set up my blog, she can down stairs to make herself a cup of tea, saw me with the laptop and asked what I was doing. "I've set up my blog" I said all chuffed with myself. "No dad, that's an email account". So I ended up making the tea. She actually started me off thinking about having a blog because she has one herself. Hers is about make up and beauty products. Not in a way that 'hey, I look 18 now', but more as a make up artist. Her blog is here

I'm hoping that next weekend will be just as nice as today. I don't want stop. I want to finally get my plot looking how I want it. Till next time and thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. I've nominated you for an award http://ejebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/the-versatile-blogger-award.html xxx

    ReplyDelete