Thursday 3 October 2013

God gave us rain so gardeners could do other things.

I had planned to spend about two hours at the allotment today, carrying on with the strawberry patch. But with the rain, I switched to plan B. The title of this post was a quote I read earlier this week. Whoever wrote it meant that the gardener could do stuff around the house, DIY etc. So what did I do? I made a marrow soup. I've had the recipe for a few years now, but this is only the second time I've made it. It's very easy to make.



All you need is:
1 large marrow
1 medium potato
1 medium onion
2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
3 cups of water

All you do is:
Peel, core and dice marrow. Peel and dice potato and onion.
Boil them in large pot with 3 cups of water and stock cubes until veg is soft.
Either blend with a stick blender or just use a potato masher depending if you want it smooth or chunky. 
If it's a bit bland you could always add some paprika or chilli flakes, once served, to give it a bit of a kick. 
The best thing about this soup is that it's all come from my allotment. Don't forget to save some of the marrow seeds for next year. Till next time and thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment