Saturday, 25 October 2014

On the right path.

Now this is how I left the plot last weekend. I've been wanting to sort this area out for my 'No dig beds'. But first I needed to lay a path. I have the materials, I've made time and the weather has been on my side as well. Over a few days, I've managed to go from one side to the other and I think I've done a fairly decent job of it too. So much so that I looked at the rest and started to sort that out too, but then the sky's went black and this is how it has been left at the moment.

Sorry about my finger or earphone wire, but its all there. You can see that I've started on the previous path, but for a few inches, that last slab just doesn't fit. I know that further along this path, once I've sorted out the rest, I can get those inches back and it will look better.

On one of my visits to the plot this week, while doing a plot inspection, I noticed this little bugger popping up. It looks like I'm going to have a battle on my hands with the nasturtium.

I don't know if you can make out what's just been dug up, but it's a walnut. It's the third one I've found this week. I think a squirrel has been busy.

I've made another leek and parsnip soup this week and needed to dig up a parsnip. I was really careful not to put my fork through this one. Can you believe the size of this one. What's more, I don't think this one is the biggest one. I hope I don't get bored of them before Christmas. Till next time and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment