Friday 17 October 2014

Get with the programme.


I woke up this morning just not feeling it for the allotment. After the school run, I looked for other things to do. I even went to get my hair cut. But the sky was clear, it wasn't that cold and I knew that if I didn't go today, I would regret it come the next rainy day. So with a few jobs left half done, I made my way.

I did have a plan for today and it was to start clearing away for the six smaller beds. If I had got here earlier, I would have got more done. Also, if I didn't stop to chat as well, I would have got even more done. But then again if I didn't stop and chat, there would be a lot less I wouldn't know about gardening.


So this is what I have done. This bed, which has the last of the potatoes in at the moment, is now at its final size ish. The slabs need to be laid properly yet, but it's getting there. I did find yet another coin, just a penny coin from 2006. One day I might just dig something up that's worth something. On second thoughts, if I did, the site could be taken off us for excavation and no more allotment. Till next time and thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment