Friday 20 September 2013

And you thought the carrot crop was bad.

                      


Well that will teach me to leave my planting so late. This is my late run on my courgettes. No chance of a glut this year. I might get another courgette in a week or two, but I'm not going to hold my breath. All that said and done, it tasted very nice roasted with a mixture of other veg. In my first year here, I did do quite well, thinking "These are easy. I'll keep planting them every year". But I did buy the plants from a nursery, they went straight in and did me proud. Some got too big to use, they just popped out quicker than we could pick and eat them. So next year I'll need to start earlier. In general, I need to get all my timings right. Not just planting, but the picking. I had some cauliflowers one year. Thought "Looking ok, bit small. Not as big as the ones in Tesco. I'll leave 'em for a bit, let them get bigger". They went to seed. Oh well! I'll get it right one day. Till next time and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment