Sunday 8 June 2014

The lowdown on the Hoe.



A few weeks ago, I was contacted by Wolf Garten Tools and asked if I would try out one of their tools and post a blog about it. I've never been asked to review anything before now and as you read on, it may be clear why. I have been given, for free, a hoe and I have been trying it out this last week. So what can I say about a hoe that hasn't already been said? Well the hoe I already have is a Dutch style hoe, a cheap one that I have had for a while. It's not very sharp and it never has been. The hoe that I have been given is Swoe style hoe. A bit sharper to start with. As you can see it is a bit different to my original one. It does allow you hoe around your vegetables without having to move backwards and forward all the time, no real hardship but it's nice to know I don't have to.

Not quite getting around the cabbage

Getting all the way around from just one spot

I've done my best to show you the hoe in action, so I hope you can forgive some of the photos.




What I have is a pole which you can swap for different attachments, in this case the hoe. Nothing complicated about changing from one tool to another. Press and hold the yellow button and one attachment is loose, get the next one, slide it into the slot till it clicks and away you go. It is a lot lighter than my original hoe, but in no way do I feel I need to go easy on it. It also feels quite comfortable in my hands while using it. A friend of mine, his father, has had these tools for many years and swears by them. I do hope that the new ones have been made just as well, because I'd like to build on my collection.




I'm only 5'6" so this gives you an idea of reach

I hope this review has been a bit helpful or at least interesting in some way. Till next time and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment