Sunday 22 December 2013

The Rent is paid for another year.


I've paid my rent for the year today, so, unfortunately you've got my blog to read for at least another year. There has been a bit of a price hike. Last year we paid £21, this it's gone up by a whopping 25p and that's for 300 square yards. Personally I think that's really good value. I don't think you can get gym membership for that money per month let alone the whole year. It's a council run site, and in my opinion, it's run quite well. I've have no real issues there and there is never a shortage of people giving you advice to help you out.

After having a mince pie and paying up, I made my way to my plot. With the little time I had, I dug  up the last of the parsnips, carried on digging out the old grass path and laid more of the slabs. It was a bit boggy today, but the grass and dandelion still came up very easy. I don't know how it is with other peoples plots either in the U.K. or anywhere else in the world, but I'm always digging up some weird and wonderful stuff. Glass, pottery and clay smoking pipes, all broken mind. I've even found a small toy car. Because I'm digging up the path that hasn't been disturbed for what must be decades, so I've come up with more than usual. I keep most of what I find. My neighbour joked I should try and put the pottery back together. Here are just some of what I've found along this stretch along with some of the other things I've collected. Merry Christmas, till next time and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment