Thursday 19 December 2013

2nd Class delivery for Mr. the Plot.





OK, so I didn't show my face at the allotment like I hoped I would according to my last post, and to top it off, I haven't made it for the last two weeks either. The small matter of Christmas coming ever so close has kept me away. I'm either out shopping for Christmas presents, or working extra hours to pay for it all. So something's gotta give. Unfortunately, it's the allotment.
Today I managed to make another double delivery to my plot. Why 2nd Class? It took so bloody long. Eight more slabs are at the allotment now. I did put one in place, but the rest will have to wait until I've dug some more or worked out where my paths across will go. Because I want to have six equal squares for crop rotation, I can't just put them where the old grass paths were, because they weren't quite equal and to give each year the same chance of growing the same amount, rather than having, for example, too many carrots one year then the next hardly any. And if you've read my carrot post from September, then you'll know I could never grow too many carrots.



My Japanese White onions are still growing well. Don't want to count my chickens, but I'm hoping for a nice bumper come spring. While I was there, I did notice that I hadn't managed to get rid of all the couch grass as some blades of grass have started to rear their ugly heads. Luckily at this time of year they are on a grow slow, so they should be quite easy to dig up. If I managed to clear as much as I did a few months ago, then I'm not going to be too worried about a few blades of grass. Now at the risk of repeating the end of my last post, I am hoping to make it back to the allotment, at least before Christmas Day, as I've kept the last of my parsnips in the soil so I can dig them up for our Christmas dinner. Not only that, the rent is due for my plot. But just in case I don't manage another post before the big day, I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, till next time and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment