Saturday 16 November 2013

Re-use and Recycle.

This week I haven't been able to get to the allotment due to work, but it hasn't stop me thinking about being there. Sometimes, I can look at an object and I think of how I could use it in some way. For instance, I bought a cheep hose pipe, no fancy holder, just a hose. With a large empty reel I found in the bins at work, I can store the hose pipe neatly in the shed rather than have a skinny green python covering the shed floor. 


                               


The neighbouring plot looks so well kept, it makes mine look like wasteland. But let's face it, it doesn't take much, believe me. He has these metal poles with two loops at the top at right angels from each other to rest canes then drape your netting on top as the picture shows. I don't know how much the metal poles cost, but even if they only cost a few quid, how many would I actually need? How much would it all cost? I got to thinking, I have some plastic curtain rings that haven't used for years and at work there are always some meter long plastic poles in the plastics bin. So with I've managed to fix in two curtain rings in to do the same job. Best of all, it's all free. 

  
                                            

As long as it keeps the bloody pigeons off, I will be happy. Till next time and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment