Sunday 1 February 2015

Spicy Parsnip soup.


If you didn't already know, I've done quite well this year on the parsnip front. So much so that I have a bit of a glut going on. Last week, on instagram, Sarah Lizzy posted a picture of her spicy parsnip soup and was kind enough to share the recipe. It is with her permission that I'd like to share it with you. This is what you'll need.

  • 2 parsnips
  • 2 leeks
  • 2 onions
  • 2 potatoes
  • 2 green chillies
  • 500ml vegetable stock
  • 1 teaspoon of Garam Masala
  1. Chop your onions and chillies into small pieces and soften them off in olive oil.
  2. Peel and chop the parsnips and leeks, add them to the pan along with the Garam Masala and allow them to sweat down for about 5 to 10 minutes.
  3. Peel and chop the potatoes, add them to the pan with the vegetable stock and allow them to simmer until all the vegetables are cooked.
  4. Blitz with a hand blender and serve.


As with all recipes they are just a guide. The quantities I have given are the quantities I've used this time around. For my own taste, I could quite easily add more chillies and Garam Masala, but for the record, the one I've made today had an after kick to it that didn't over power the flavour of the soup. Sarah also added garlic with the onions. I didn't for the simple reason that garlic doesn't like me, let's leave it at that shall we. I'd like to thank Sarah again for sharing her recipe with me. You can find her on Instagram @sarah_Lizzy. Till next time and thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I do like curried parsnip soup, but for me the best way to eat parsnips is roasted, preferably as an accompaniment to a roast chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like curried parsnip soup. I made some last week with the last of the allotment parsnips.

    ReplyDelete